LIVE AND LET LIVE!

LIVE AND LET LIVE!

Wednesday 5 November 2014

ARE WE A SOCIETY OF HYPOCRITES ?

ARE WE A SOCIETY OF HYPOCRITES ?



Recently  a  close  friend  &  relative  of mine  passed away;

so I went to his house to offer  my condolences to  the   bereaved family. 

Sure enough  there was a  large  crowd  of relatives and friends.   

On entry, many burst into tears . 

Well that was expected.

But I did not know whether  the tears were real or artificial! 

But I found this out  later.

Generally on such an occasion  the priest is called  to perform the last rites before the body is taken away for cremation.

As it often  happens on such occasions, the priest does not turn up at the scheduled time.

For, normally the priest always keeps this, as his last engagement for the day, as he has to take a bath after this engagement.  

The  result  is there is a lot of waiting  time  for the crowd  assembled.

I  find  invariably  a solemn occasion  is turned  into one of  merry gossip!  

The women  chatter about their latest purchases and what have you ; 

likewise the men on the latest  share prices on the market !    

I have noticed the same phenomenon  when my parents passed away !


Venkatesh 




No comments:

Post a Comment