LIVE AND LET LIVE!

LIVE AND LET LIVE!

Sunday 1 April 2018

SAND PAPER SCRAP



                                            SANDPAPER   SCRAP


Image result for picture of a cricket match in progress in a cricket stadium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image result for picture of a cricket match in a stadiumImage result for picture of a cricket match in a stadium
 
  AN  hour's   play was left for draw of stumps.  From an ordinary

  250 for  5 , the batsmen had


  held   on   for about 30 overs without losing their  wickets..   Tom Klick   , the skipper  was at  first

 slip  scratching his head lost in thought  or so it seemed.   The  next ball was left by the batsman

without  attempting a shot ; the skipper got hold of the ball  and passed it to Tim Bannerman at short 

cover for onward to the bowler;  meanwhile Patrick  Lambert, the bowler had engaged the umpire,

" Say  Dick  is my delivery stride OK  or I am overstepping ?  At the other end   simultaineously

 Paul Crasto  fielding at short leg  approached the other umpire,   Steve  the weather is awful  today

we have to drink gallons of water  ; Yeah nodded the umpire, looking at him;  At the same time, Dick

Told Patrick,  You are OK but stay away from the danger zone;  This was all the time needed for

dexterous  Tim to give the ball a good scrub  with his hand  before passing it on to the bowler.

At the end of the over, the umpires were alerted  by the match referee,  to check the  condition of the

ball  ,report and then speak to Tim.   They stopped play and called Tim for a chat. ;



  SAY,  Tim  you scratched   the ball  didn't  you ?   Ofcourse, I did it Dick,  I am not in a church or

at a party,  WHATS  wrong in it ?  Steve, interceded, we mean the cricket ball  Tim;   No, not at all

rebutted  Tim,  You know its a hot day,  my hands were sweaty,  so I took out my hanky to dry

my  hands before,handling the cricket ball;  Oh,  I see said  Steve,   can we see whats in your  pant

pocket, ?    Oh sure said Tim,   " this is a pocket  knife,  "   WHY do you want that now asked

Dick, the other umpire;   Oh said Tim  its a talisman,  I always carry it  with me , ; you see I was

robbed and attacked said  Tim when young  so I always carry it with me . I am good at using it

too , so if anybody tries something funny with me, I will shove it up his a--  too said Tim .

 OHh  said the umpires, and what else  do you have asked Steve ?   Oh nothing except  my hanky

said Tim as he took out his hanky, and then out came a bit of sandpaper with it .


Whats that asked Steve ?  OH  Clara put this as a reminder to buy some handicrafts from this city ?

Now, now who is Clara  asked Steve?  My better half, said Tim   , you want to talk to her  and

confirm, what I said  then I will call her, she is in the pavillion . NO,  No,  replied Steve &

Dick;    But  Chief  would  definitely talk to you and your skipper  after play is over.


Now lets  get on with it ;  I mean the match   said Dick. 


There was a dramatic change in the fortunes of the match  and before play ended   the batting side

collapsed from a healthy 325 for 5 to 368 all out 


After  play the match referee  called Tom and Tim for a chat along with their manager Mike

Newman..    John  Boston, the match referee said "  Now Tom and Tim  the cameras

showed  clearly what you were upto ;  Tim  handled the ball with his hanky and we do not

know what else, and then the game changes dramatically.  Yeah,  I know you will tell me

that the umpires saw nothing wrong with the ball but the results speak otherwise.  so before

I give my decision do you have any comments to offer?

Tim said it was a sweaty afternoon, so I used the hanky otherwise you would have said

I polished the ball with my hands;

Sorry that doesn't hold water said the ref.  What about the paper scrap and knife?  I heard the crap

about Clara and the talisman .

Tom butted in to say  that nowhere do the match regulations say about carrying a knife in person

To which the ref  replied that the regulations do not have to say every thing and some are implied.

I fine both of you 100% of your match fees and warn you to be careful to not repeat these mistakes

 in future



Well,well,  we were lucky  and got away this time, said Tom to his team  after the cricket series 

was over.  That last  pitch was dead and flat and lifeless . I dont know who was the groundsman 

who prepared that pitch  I felt like using my pocket knife and removing his intex.  the  fu-----   bas----

said Tim.    Say Tom,  did you talk to Mike(  manager)  and tell him about the pitch ? 

Sure, I did , and he told me Sorry, nothing can be done about it .   Why , Why  chorussed  the team? 

Because of the huge money  we are paid for the match.  If we protest  and leave,  we lose the money 






G. Venkatesh 

   




















  

2 comments:

  1. reminds me of my school days. my class teacher used to say, " Copy by all means; but dont get caught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr.Venkatesh, hello!It's Masayo.
    I hope you would notice my message.

    I'm very sorry to write a personal comment in your blog.
    (Please delete this after you read.)
    Actually, I'm doing this, because it seems like you haven't seen my e-mails.
    I got your e-mail today. You said that you had been expecting my reply.
    However, I already sent e-mail to you on 31st of March, and
    soon after I got your previous e-mail. (1st of April)
    Since I had not gotten any reply, I again e-mailed to you,15th of April.

    I don't know why, but something might be wrong with my Internet network.
    Just in case, could you check your junk mail folder?

    Anyway, I will try to send e-mail to you once more.

    ReplyDelete